воскресенье, 4 августа 2013 г.

Karlovy Vary

I've already used to 20'C in Europe in July but how I could expect 14'C at the middle of summer??? I was in shorts and T-shirt and try to imagine how this weather suprised me in Karlovy Vary. It was cold even in the bus. Fortunately this bus company offer one cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate during the trip and that hot drink was very helpful in that situation!

After arriving to Karlovy Vary I need something else to warmer myself. I tried to find not very expensive clothes but in the center they had only bad expensive Turkish or Chinese stuff. After unsuccessful waiting on the bus station for 20 minutes to get to the shopping mall I decided that it isn't so cold and will adopt to it. I decided to have a walk but before it to go to the Becherovka museum and have there excursion with tasting:)       .
.
Classic Becherovka
.
 .
Lemond. I like it more than Classic one. It isn't so hard and has perfect lemon taste without a lot of sugar. Unfortunately they don't export it to Ukraine that's why I decided to buy it like a souvenir with a couple of nice shot-glasses (like on the one of the next pictures, which looks like little cups)
.
 .
KV14 isn't exported abroad at all. It is like local Campari. 
.
 .
Cordial. This liqueur also impossible to by abroad. But as for me it is too sweet and I didn't like it at all.  
.
 .
 .
 .
 .
.
With nice spices' smells from museum and a little bit of alcohol from tasting inside I continued my walking. After that the weather became not so cold:)
.
Local waffles. Thin waffles with chocolate of jam. I guess that it is only for tourists. Nothing special or extremely tasty at all.
.
 .
Historical center is placed along the river. It is very nice and beautiful with a lot if little fountains with medical mineral water. That water is very salted with specific taste. It isn't recommended to taste water from all of them during one day. So, I decided to taste only from 2 or 3 or them as "must-have" touristic thing.
.
 .
It is very popular to by this cups for drinking mineral water and as souvenirs. But I decided don't waste money for them and in addition I wasn't sure they will survive during my trip in my backpack.
.
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
.
 From that hill I found nice views. I didn't plan to climb there but on the map there was short way to return to the center. It wasn't market that it is through the hill:)
.
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
.
 .
Finally I went back to the center to the fountains with mineral water again.
.
 .
The biggest and the warmest one.
.
 .
 .
One more
.
 .
 .
A lot of Russians in Karlovy Vary even more than in Prague. All signs are in Russian. Salesmen in the stores know Russian better that English. And remember, Karlovy Vary is on the Chezh-German border, very far from Russian speaking countries!
.
.
I had different impressions about Cheсh Republic. On the one hand nice cities (at least that 2 must-have cities that I visited) on the other hand high prices and a lot of Russians. I couldn't imagine that so far from the nearest Russian-speaking country when I ask somebody in English this person listens me, thinks something for few seconds and then ask "mmm... can you say this in Russian?".  

At the evening I went back to Prague. I continued my trip next morning but that morning became a challenge for me. I was going to Munich and skip last cheap ticket. I decided not to waste money and change my route. I decided to go to Vienna first. Great Thanks to my hosts and especially to Martina who took me with my heavy backpack to her work place, helped to find ticket to Vienna and showed the road to bus station. That morning I also tried to find new CouchSurfer in Vienna who was able to host me at that day. And at 12 in the morning I was already in the bus to Vienna.

Few words about Chech buses. The cheapest way to travel there is using Student Agency buses. They are not only for students. Despite low prise these buses have free Wi-Fi, WC, free tea and coffee once during the trip, chocolates, nuts, sweet water or beer for additional fee, you can charge your mobile or laptop, choose film, serial, music or game on your personal display and ask to use headphones for free. I like it:)
 .
An here is one of such nice yellow buses.
.
.
.
So one more thanks to my host in Prague, for their hospitality and help, they are really interesting and open mind couple with a lot of dreams and inspirations and I wish them all best. Thank you, Martina and Pavel! 
.
And after 5 hours was in Vienna.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий